Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an Onan 10000 quiet diesel. The unit will start and

Customer Question

I have an Onan 10000 quiet diesel. The unit will start and immediately die. The fuel pump is transferring fuel and all fluids are good. It flashes a code 3. If I put 12 volts to fuel solenoid positive wire it will stay running. Where do I go from here?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 1 year ago.
hey Glenn my name is ***** ***** ill do what I can to help. I believe there is more to the fault code.Fault CodesThe genset controller provides extensive diagnostics by causing the status indicator light on the Control Switch to blink in a coded fashion. Following a fault shutdown, the indicator light will repeatedly blink one, two, three or four blinks at a time.• One blink indicates shutdown due to high engine coolant temperature.• Two blinks indicates a low oil pressure fault.• Three blinks indicates a service fault. Press Stop once to cause the two-digit, second-level fault code to blink. (Pressing Stop again will stop the blinking.)The two-digit code consists of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 blinks, a brief pause, and then 1 to 9 blinks. The first set of blinks represents the tens digit and the second set of blinks the units digit of the fault code number. For example, Fault Code No. 36 appears as:blink-blink-blink—pause—blink-blink-blink-blink-blink-blink— long pause—repeat• Four blinks indicates that cranking exceeded 30 seconds without the engine starting.Note: Fault Code Nos. 3 and 4 are first level faults. Avoid interpreting themas second-level Fault Code Nos. 33 and 44, which have not been assignedas fault codes.Restoring Fault Code Blinking – The fault code stops blinking after five minutes (15 minutes, Series HGJAA). Press Stop three times within five seconds to restore blinking. Note that the last fault logged will blink, even after the condition that caused the shutdown has been corrected.if you wouldn't mind giving that a read and trying it out I think we can narrow it down. should be a 2 digit number