John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

New battery, but will not charge when running or is still discharging

Customer Question

New battery, but will not charge when running or is still discharging in off position?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: battery does not charge
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: could be discharging in key off position
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** ill do what I can to help you out. first off... do you have a volt meter we can work with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok perfect. when the engine is running test voltage at the battery. you should be at aprox. 13 volts or more. to check for a drain you disconnect the negative terminal on the batter and put your volt meter in line (one lead to the disconnected wire and the other lead to the battery negative) there should be very little voltage there. let me know what your results are
any luck?