Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Gravely Rapid ZX 52 wit5h a Kohler pro27 engine. I

Customer Question

I have a Gravely Rapid ZX 52 wit5h a Kohler pro27 engine. I am having starting problems after the mower has set for a couple of days when I try to start it just turns and turns with out even trying to start. After a few try's it will begin to backfire and maybe hit once or twice even with it in full choke. I have pulled plugs and they are not even wet like it's not getting any fuel. I have replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the little screen on the plastic fuel divider ( for lack of a better name). When it finally does start it will run and start just fine all day long.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dennis. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Check to make sure your choke is actually fully closing on your carburetor, when your choke lever is in full choke position. Sometimes your choke cable can slip, preventing your choke from fully closing closing. Shine a flashlight into your carburetor, to observe the movement of your choke valve. After your mower has set for a couple days, check to see if your engine will start up immediately, if you spray some carburetor cleaner, directly into your carburetor. If so, then I would focus on your choke.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!