Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

My wall mount door opener show the message "press the push

Customer Question
bar to activate control see...
My wall mount door opener show the message "press the push bar to activate control see users manual". I have pushed the bar several different times and it does not work. The User's Manual does not address this.
This is a Chamberlin Wall Mount LCD
Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Rusty Fetterman
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/15/2016
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Hi Rusty........ my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.If I may ask: 1-) The make CHAMBERLAIN and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? 2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner 3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering? 4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes 5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button 6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage 7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondenceIf by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns. Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.And thank you for your help and assistanceeddie
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Eddie,I will try to answer your questions:1-) The make CHAMBERLAIN and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? It is a Chamberlin Wall Mount LCD, 41A7303-1 The date on it is 08/13.2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner o8/13, and yes I am the original owner.3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes The remotes are working, just not the wall mount , it is hard wired, not a wireless unit.5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button I do not see any lights flashing. The lights on the safety sensors are green.6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage I am not sure is we have had any outages lately, Everything else appears to be working.7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? Yes.I hope these answers help.Thanks,Rusty
Hi Rusty 1-) did you give me the make and model of the opener2-) I can't find anything on the model number you did give me ........if you could verify Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Modle of the Garage Door Opener is 9200-2K 1/2HP Chamberlain The wall mount came with the opener.
it most likely is the lock out feature or vacation button...........on the wall control there is a button with an icon lock on it ..........press and hold for 2 to 3 seconds.......you might have to do it twice ...............let me know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not see the icon. But there are 4 small push buttons, the large push bar and the smaller light bar. I pushed all separately and held for a few seconds.
I can't find the number to the wall control or one of the same picture you gave me ...........I think you might have to synchronize the opener to the wall control ...........press the bar and see if the door opens..........you might have to press it 3 times
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I will try it this evening after I get off work. I will let you know if it worked or not.
your numbers are all messed up ..........you have an old opener and a new wall unit so it didn't come with it .............we might have to do this by telephone I have the model numbers for compatible transmitters...........Just Answer requires an additional charge .........would you be okay with that?.............let me know if the 3 press works anyway Thankseddie
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** is the additional charge? I will not be back home until later this evening if that is agreeable. I will try pushing the buttons and let you know if it works or not.
maybe 20 more ............but lets try and stay on this ........phone as a last resort
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sounds like a plan!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That should be plan.
how are we making out there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I apologize I tried pushing the bar it did not work. I even tried to sinc like it was a wireless remote.
My guy says the number you gave me is not compatible with the number you gave me for the opener............are you sure things didn't get confused ?
I'm sorry Rusty I can't get anything to work for me on this so I will opt out and get a fresh mind new set of ideas in here for you ..............good luck
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I definitely understand, hopefully I'll get figured out. Thank you for your assistance and patience with me.
Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor