Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Long belt #30 on your sketch appears to have jumped off the

Customer Question

Long belt #30 on your sketch appears to have jumped off the lower of the two stacked pulleys and is on the upper pulley with other belt - don't see how this could happen - there's a heavy metal bracket there that looks designed to stop it doing so
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so - model #13AV60K011
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Does your belt appear to be worn?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not badly worn - but looking at pulley I don't see how belt could jump off past restraining piece that's very close to pulley - closer than thickness of part of belt that i can see anyway.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. Belt - Click Here
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I believe that if you replace the belt, this will resolve our problem.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Unless your Variable Speed pulley #83 is worn, the Belt Guard #84, should prevent this from happening, unless your belt is at fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulley looks OK so far as I can judge. Do pulleys have to be removed to refit new belt?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes, if your remove the upper belt first, you can slide the sheave in the middle of your variable speed pulley up enough to remove your lower belt.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
It is always best to replace both belts at the same time, using OEM belts.