Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

I have a Briggs 18 hp I/c ohv motor on my zero turn toro.

Customer Question

Hi I have a Briggs 18 hp I/c ohv motor on my zero turn toro. Brand new battery, will not keep charge, no alternator , how does this engine charge my battery, any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this is this new to you ,did it use to charge , reason I ask , the alt Stator is a option let me know ,Please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the mower from a buddy, he said needed a new battery and that his old battery never charged properly
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for that If it did not come with a stator (alt)you have to manual charge if you want to see if it has it , need to pull the fly wheel offGive me the model number of the engineand I can take a look in the parts book
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't Read the whole model number but the last three digits are 777 then it is type 0233e1 code 021206ZD
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for that yes I was able to look it up by your numbers it does have a alternator here is the part # ***** place to get it click here I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Morning Just a follow up with you did my answer help you let me know, please Wayne