Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

When I first start the mower blades on my poulan pro 52" deck,

Customer Question

When I first start the mower blades on my poulan pro 52" deck, it'll now for about 30 feet and then shuts off and won't start again until the mower is turned off and sits for awhile.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of. Everything is fine. The engine runs fine at idle and under a load. That's all I've noticed. Has a new mower deck blade recently put on after this problem developed. Thought the old belt might be slipping when it got heated up but does the same with new belt.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Model number of the mower ? Do you have a voltmeter to test with? The clutch may have a relay between the switch and the clutch that may be dropping out. Clutch has to have 12 volts, or it will drop out.