Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 195 CC 6.75 HP Briggs and Stratton Engine on my Snapper

Customer Question

I have a 195 CC 6.75 HP Briggs and Stratton Engine on my Snapper Lawn Mower.
I have replaced the filter and spark plug and the gas tank is full. The engine won't start.
About three hours ago I ran the hose over the wheels and arms to clean off the dirt from the last use.
I am using a higher octane fuel as it was recommended to me that these contain detergents that will keep the engine healthier longer.
What might be the problem. The last time I used the mower was a week ago. It has been in a shed and not subject to wet weather, although we have had some rain and the shed, I would assume, is not moisture free.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Remove the spark plug, and with the spark plug grounded, see if it has spark when cranking. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if the engine will start for a few seconds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be back in five minutes.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK>