Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

HAVE A LINCOLN WELDER THAT IS ONLY PUTTING OUT 50TO 60 VOLTS.

Customer Question

HAVE A LINCOLN WELDER THAT IS ONLY PUTTING OUT 50TO 60 VOLTS. COULD THE RECTIFIER CAUSE THIS OR IS IT MORE LIKLY THAT THERE IS A GROUND IN THE WINDINGS
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. It's worth at least getting the cover off the side to check the fuse and board/wiring to make sure the connections are tight. It's most likely not the fuse but still need to remove the cover to check, until doing some basic first checks it is going to be hard to know the problem. I do completely understand your point of view though, you will want to weigh in on if you wish to get involved with it, once you start I am sure you will not want to waste that time by finding half way in that you do not want to mess with it and thus highly consider up front worst case, this way anything less than worst case is better. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.