Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My LT2000 craftsman rider /17.5 /S 42in cut ,2007 model###-##-####

Customer Question

My LT2000 craftsman rider /17.5 B/S 42in cut ,2007 model###-##-####died on me I have the manual to for troubleshooting but don't know what the problem is. According to this manual I should be looking at fuel solenoid ,because I have a dry plug I have replaced the solenoid 5 times . but the ones I get Don't respond to the 9v. test any suggestions ?????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. To better get a ideaof the issue I have a few questions to help me pin point. When it dies is it always around the same time period of usage ? . Like after 20 minutes of running ?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Another way to check it is to make sure it's quiet and turn the key from off to on ,the position right before starting the engine and listen for a click . If you have a shutoff valve you can turn the gas off and remove the solenoid an keep the wires conned Ted and turn the key from off to on and see if the little plunger drops down when turned on .