Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Karcher electric power washer

Customer Question

I have a Karcher electric power washer, not sure which model, and the sprayer stream surges on for a second then off for a second. It will not just constantly spray. Any ideas?
Thanks, Mike ***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Does the pressure continue to surge or once it loses it it doesn't come back ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just surges on and off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not just one surge, continously
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We will need the model number to check the location of the unloader valve etc , was it stored in a area where temperatures reach freezing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At work and can't get the model number until tonight. Stored in a heated area for winter. What is the unloader valve
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Being electric it may not have a unloader valve but may have a valve to regulate pressure that could be bad . Once I can pull diagrams we will check more into it .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model of the Karcher electric power washer I have is K 5.540 or K 5.740
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking for a part breakdown for you