Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

5000 watt , Honda starts and runs good then stalls like

Customer Question

5000 watt , Honda starts and runs good then stalls like running out of gas. cleaned carb checked needle valve and cleaned. gas runs free from tank to carb . sensor ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.Have you checked the oil level to make certain that it is full of oil? You may have an oil sensor that is shutting the unit down due to low oil. I have also seen this happen if you are using a oil that is too thin like a 5W30, you will want to make certain that you are running 10W30 or SAE30 oil in order for the oil sensor to operate properly especially in the spring and summer, you could maybe get by with the lighter weight oil in the winter time.The other thing that I would try is to run the machine with the fuel cap loose or off and see if it makes any difference. The fuel tank is vented through the fuel cap and if the vent is not working properly then fuel will not flow out of the tank properly after the machine has run for a short period of time and could cause this problem. If the tank is full of fuel your run time would be something around 5 - 10 minutes and then it would start acting up or running out of fuel, if the tank were half full of fuel it may run for and hour before acting up.