JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Those are the same procedures in service manual and they did

Customer Question

Those are the same procedures in service manual and they did not work. I removed everything and I am going to inspect and reinstall
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Brakes on lawn mower were not working, initial inspect found that the spring was disconnected from the rod that goes to the brake pedal. Reconnected the spring and when I have the parking brake set or the brake pedal pushed the back wheels continue to spin
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: new brake pads and disc were installed 2 years ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.When you say the wheels continue to spin with the brake pedal depressed or the brake locked. Do you have the wheels up off of the ground?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
If you have the wheels off of the ground then take note of the direction of wheel spin when turn. You will find that one wheel is spinning the opposite direction of the other when off of the ground and the brake engage.In order to check for proper braking you need both wheels on the ground.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that makes sense now, I will put it back together and go from there, mechanically everything looks to be in good shape
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need additional assistance.It has been a pleasure to assist you today.Please take a moment to rate your experience.