Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

I wanted to check my valves on the 24hp Twin Valve Model

Customer Question

I wanted to check my valves on the 24hp Twin Valve Model 445677 engine. Can you tell me how I should check the clearances to make sure they are right. Engine runs but smokes in beginning unless I keep choke out and eventually after sometime can close choke. I get smoke when clicking the blade clutch on (short puff) and when going down a hill constant puff and when stopping engine. I rebuilt carb last year. Is it a possible valve problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this they are set to .004-.005 both and engine cold here is a video to do it click here I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I a just following up with you did my answer help you let me know ,Please Wayne