Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Pearl I have a cub cadet ltx 1042 I've replaced the spindle

Customer Question

Hi pearl I have a cub cadet ltx 1042 I've replaced the spindle on one side and now my belt will not tighten up
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Well that's pretty much it the belt has so much slack that it will not stay on I've routed it correctly but I can't seem to figure out why I don't have any tension
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No that's all just need that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
https://www.cubcadet.com/wcsstore/CubCadetCatalogAssetStore/Attachment/owners%20manuals/residential/LTX1042_769-04348.pdf
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Page 25 starts the belt section. Is the television spring in place? Double check the belt routing!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
tension spring!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
did you see my response and find the problem.