Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is***** have a 2013 easy go golf cart and

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have a 2013 easy go golf cart and I just got all brand-new batteries replaced I drove it up on the trailer and now I'm trying to back it off the trailer and it acts like it's trying to go forward and backwards I can hear the clicking but it is not moving it acts like brakes are on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I put the key in and I turn it to reverse the back up sound comes on you can hear it sounding like it's going into reverse but it's not moving if I put the KEYN forward you can hear it sound like it's going forward but the golf cart is not moving
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
48 volt? RXV model or ?? Probably has electric brake on the drive motor that is not releasing. Why were the batteries replaced, Three year old batteries?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Can you get charger to the cart? Put charger on the cart and turn on, and let it charge overnight to top up the new batteries, I bet it will run in the AM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery in the back shorted out and made others weak and would not hold charge. RXV EZ go. 4 batteries 12 volts each
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like it is running now when I turn key just no movement and it's showing full charge
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, electric brake. Brake has to release before cart will move, and the brake has to have full 48 volts.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Cart has tow switch, will brake release if you flip to tow? Don't let it run away on trailer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LOL. I can see me doing that! I have it charging now.. I do have tow switch but it doesn't do anything
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
let the charger run it's full cycle and then try it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying but charger is throwing battery voltage fault code
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Was cart on trailer when batteries installed, or was it driven on after battery installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was driven for about 15 minutes after new batteries installef
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's showing it is charging now. I have never had a problem before with this
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
?? Charger fault is typical low voltage to the charger receptacle on the cart. Would you have voltmeter to test voltages?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I dont
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
So charger is now charging? Let it run it;s cycle , then try it. You may find one of the new batteries is not up in voltage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you . Can I contact you again if this isn't the problem
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sure, I will be here!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did it work? Please ACCEPT to close.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and close
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Are you getting full 48 volts to the brake? If no, the brake solenoid id bad. Id it has 48 volts and does not release, the brake is bad.