Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

HAVE A EW 171 HONDA GENERATOR. RUNS VERY SHORT TIME AND

Customer Question
HAVE A EW 171...

HAVE A EW 171 HONDA GENERATOR. RUNS FOR A VERY SHORT TIME AND THEN SHUTS DOWN. HAVE TESTED LOW OIL SENSOR AND IT WORKS. WONT START RIGHT AWAY BUT IF I WAIT A FEW MINUTES IT WILL START AGAIN FOR A FEW SECONDS

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?

CARB AND GAS IF FINE I SEEM TO BE LOOSING SPARK

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 day by:
4/12/2016
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 2 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
What is the serial number of the genset?Please define "runs for a very short time". Is it 10 seconds? 5 minutes? 1 hour? While it is running, does it run smoothly, or does it surge? Does it start to surge, or surge worse, right before it shuts down? Does it just shut off like someone turned it off?