Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

I have a model WD 822K about 10 years old which has been acting

Customer Question

I have a model WD 822K about 10 years old which has been acting strangely. The physical operation work fine, but more and more frequently it will fail to activate. The light goes out on the wall switch. I have unplugged the unit, waited a few seconds, replugged it in and gave the power head a smack on the side. That seems to work, but not all the time. The photo eyes are aligned OK and I see no loose wires. Could the motherboard be going bad? Looking for answers.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help help you with this YEs,Yes,Yes, that is a common issue for that modelthe motor Board , they were warranting them the last 5 years bit no longer does it , it was a up grade PC board easy to change , but $ 125.00, Time for a new one at that price I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you let me know Please
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
HI I took the time to answer you please take the time to rate my answerso I get credit for questionWayne