Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I was trying to replace the self propelled belt on my Toro 20333 recycler lawn mower. When

Customer Question
I disassembled the belt was...
I was trying to replace the self propelled belt on my Toro 20333 recycler lawn mower. When I disassembled the belt was torn. I do not know where it goes. Half of it was on the trans pulley which I removed but where does the belt engage?
There is another drive motor belt but I can't figure out where this self propelled belt rides on?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
4/9/2016
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

so you have 2 belts or 1 belt for the drive

let me know ,Please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wayne,
There are (2) belts, one for the drive which is still attached and the other is for the self propel, that is the one that broke and I purchased a replacement but when trying to figure out where it loops around, I cannot find the other pulley or where it goes.

Hi

Thank you for that

it goes on #17 the axle , and the other end goes

above the big pulley on engine

with the other drive belt

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

If you need more info, use the request button -

Not Poor/Bad service.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you're saying the self propel belt rides on top of the drive belt?

Hi

Yes remove the drive belt

then there is a small pulley above the large pulley

install self propelled belt then the drive belt

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

Not Poor/Bad service.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you

let me know ,Please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't have time to complete my belt replacement project this weekend. I will attempt next weekend based on your response.
I'll let you know how it turns out when complete.Casey

OK, Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wayne, I can't give you a rating until I assemble my mower which won't be until this weekend as I mentioned earlier. Be patient if what you advised worked, I will rate. If not you'll hear back with another question.

Hi

That is not me sending them,

they are Computer generated

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wayne, I was back at trying to replace the belt on my mower as we discussed a few weeks ago. I do not believe your suggestion was correct. I cannot get the belt over the top or under the drive belt as you suggested. (Review your previous responses above). I would like to attach and send you a picture of the unit as it is so maybe you can get a better understanding.
Can you send me another email address so I can attach a picture file?
I'll wait for your response.

HI

I really don't want to put my email on the web site

for every body to see

if you click the paper clip in the tool bar

you can attach it there

Hi Thank you for the Pic

I went back and looked at the parts diagram

they are showing to remove the

the belt guide the one with the cable attached to it and 2 nuts

remove the small belt, then install the drive belt

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wayne, can you send me the parts diagram you referred to? I'm a bit confused on which belt you are talking about.
Remember, I'm trying to re-install the self propel belt not the drive belt. The drive belt is already installed.

HI

I call it drive belt, drives the wheels

I will look for that parts list again

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the info. I wish I would have seen this before I started this project.
I'll have to try and get back at it this weekend and see where I end up.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

OK , Thank you

HI

Just wondering how you made out with this

HI

Just wondering where we are with this

I do not get paid for my time unless you rate 3 or more stars

Hi

Follow up

did you get the belts on ??

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder