Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Don't seem to be getting a spark, and the wire connected to

Customer Question

don't seem to be getting a spark, and the wire connected to bottom of carb was broken when i pulled the other wire around it sparked a couple of times and now switch don't work, I can cross the two bolts to get it to spin but don't see a spark, trying to figure what may be the issue
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: its a kohler 21 hp riding mower
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Reconnect the wire on bottom of the carburetor, it shuts the main jet. Then locate the blown fuse, for the ignition system, should be near the starter solenoid, replace the fuse, and see if engine starts!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Original problem was the fule solenoid disconnected, so engine wouldn't start, then you blew the fuse when you shorted the wire!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
???