Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Snapper spx battery was dead..unhooked battery charged it..when

Customer Question

Snapper spx battery was dead..unhooked battery charged it..when hooking battery back up the engine started cranking until it floode
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When I hook battery wire back to battery it automatically starts cranking without hitting start button...and it cranks til it floods itself out
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
https://www.partstree.com/parts/snapper/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/spx2042-2691020-snapper-42-lawn-tractor-20-hp-spx-150-series/electrical-group/
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
#100 is the starter solenoid, unplug the small terminals on it, then touch battery cables, if engien still spins , the solenoid is stuck and needs to be replaced. If you tap on it, it may free up, But I would change it. If it does NOT spin, the keyswitch is sending start signal, and it should be replaced.