Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

W. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question
***** ***** W. JA: Thanks. Can...
***** ***** W.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Kohler K301 that has no spark. I cleaned all the connections, installed a coil, condenser, plug and plug wire from a running K341 and still have no spark.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
4/6/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
You mention everything but the points, did you replace the points. The points have to open for condenser to charge, and then when they close, the points discharge the condenser, which is the primary chrage fo the coil. The coil intensifies the voltage for the spark plug. Use a volt.ohmmeter and check the points, they should have no continuity to ground, until they close.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician