Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a John Deere Model 267707 1274-E1 Sabre 14.5/38 gear

Customer Question

Have a John Deere Model 267707 1274-E1 Sabre 14.5/38 gear product #GX1438AO23678. Changed the oil, put new gas in, and it would not turn over. Bought a new battery and hooked up today. The mower will now start, but won't fire. What's next?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all I know....
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Remove the spark plug, and ground it , crank and look for spark. If it has spark, put teaspoon of fuel into spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it starts.