Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How do l get the cover of a 6.75 please?

Customer Question

Hi. How do l get the cover of a 6.75 please?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
02 April 2016 07:16
Hi. How do l get the cover OFF a Karcher 6.75 pressure washer please?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/856284/Karcher-K-6-75-M.html?page=4#manual
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What cover do you want off? Most of the plastic covers have no retainers, just ears that have to be pried back as cover is pulled up.??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Curtis. Perhaps I didn't give enough info??
I have a Karcher 6.750 high pressure water sprayer. See 4 x photos attached.
My 6.750 looks different to yours but I am in Australia.
I got the yellow front cover off but that does nothing. It was actually glued on!
I started it yesterday....something when "bang" inside and water starting pouring out from everywhere. My web research shows a lot of black plastic (polyprop??) connections inside ALL the Karchers fail often so I'm trying get the BLACK cover off (either the front or back) to see the prob. But my unit doesn't appear on the web anywhere.
In my 1st photo there's a rubber seal to the left of the unit. That was on the ground next to the unit after it went bang. :-)
Hope you can help further?
Cheers
Danny
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I find units that look like yours , but none show the breakdown. Looking at the pictures, the yellow and black covers show what appears to be screws around the outer covers, but they would be obvious. I don't have a good answer, so I will opt out. Maybe someone else has had one apart. Sorry I can't help. Good luck with it.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Danny my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. To remove the cover you will have to remove the screws, most of them use a torx bit though , it looks like a star bit . In your second picture ded you remove the 4 to 6 screws from the back ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
See attached 2 x further documents showing where we're at. One each for the front & back.
So you can see:
From the back of unit I removed 3 x Philips ONLY
From the front of unit I removed 4 x Philips & 2 x torx.Where to next please?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Can you get a picture of the underside of the unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
Sorry mate. It all got a bit too hard with JustAnswer. With all due respect it seems JustAnswer didn't actually know the answer so I took the Karcher to a service centre.Where do we go from here if I didn't get an answer from you guys in a timely manner?Cheers
Danny
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Basically no expert is paid until you rate their service . So you can contact just answers customer service and ask for a refund on the question posting fee .