Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet series 1000 LT 1050 it wont start or turnover

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet series 1000 LT 1050 it wont start or turnover I put a voltage tester on the battery and it has 12 volts dc what could the problem be
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I push in the break pedal turn the key to the start position and the mower does nothing the battery has 12 volts I can jump it off with my truck and it will start and run fine but when I take the jumpers cables off the mower will die
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Are you jumping through the battery?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If you are jumping right at the battery, your battery is bad, All you are reading is the surface voltage, not enough to start the engine.