How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 28650
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Grant, I have a 1986 Yamaha moto4 225. I am needing to

Customer Question

Grant, I have a 1986 Yamaha moto4 225. I am needing to rering the engine and was wondering if pulling the engine will be required or can it be one on the bike?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is all I really have
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You can do the upper end of the engine in the ATV. Cylinder head will be removed, and then the cylinder can be removed and lifted off the crankcase, which exposes the piston, Remove the piston pin retainers and push the piston pin from the piston.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Here is link to CD service manual. Or get you a Clymer manual for the unit.