Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Have a 3240 cub-cadet with a hydro static transmission that

Customer Question

have a 3240 cub-cadet with a hydro static transmission that jerks roughly when pedal is depressed in any position except to the floor. Runs smoothly when pedal completely depressed. dealer unhelpful when asked about what problem might be. ( was told there may be something they could do) any sugestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

First thing is to check is the adjustment of the linkage to be sure it is not the problem, you can of course operate the trans manually to eliminate it and check the fluid in the trans, this way you will know if the problem is with the actual trans.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.