Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2008 cub cadet rzt50 with a 22hp Kawasaki

Customer Question

I have a 2008 cub cadet rzt50 with a 22hp Kawasaki engine.recently the coil has been replaced and the carburetor rebuilt and a tune up.went to use it yesterday fired right up ran fine for 15-20 minutes then acted like the fuel tank was out checked had fuel just acted like a weak fuel pump.surging lack of power with the blades engaged
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You may have another bad coil! Do a cylinder test by loosening the spark plug wires, then with engine idling, remove one wire at a time. If engine dies when one is removed , the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check it for spark. If it has spark, check the compression and the valves.