Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have an issue with an old cummins generator mod#A-25726 i

Customer Question

Hi, have an issue with an old cummins generator mod#A-25726 i think, plate is corroded pretty bad. It started up and died imediately, after waiting a few minutes it started again but died when the negative bat terminal was removed. fuel pumps from the return, and the fault was on the first time it died, but has not come on since. any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other known issues, possible the engine generator no longer works due to batteries being constantly drained. Starting solenoid needs replacing ( owner has just been jumping it with a wrench). Last known operation was at least a couple months ago. There is a single component located mid block on the starter side just above the starter solenoid that has an A/C plug lead from it that has not been plugged in since I've known it (3yrs +). If the unit has glow plugs I have not been able to locate them. Has run/started consistently for the past 3yrs (1-2 times a month avg.) despite being neglected and operated improperly by the current and previous owners.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, the above Mod# ***** ***** the engine itself
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

There is no model "A" on Onan - there has to be more to the model number.

It would be best to get the model number of the genset itself, and not just the engine.