Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a 1985 southwind motorhome with gen set model 4.0 bfa

Customer Question

i have a 1985 southwind motorhome with gen set model 4.0 bfa 1r 16004c i got the motor for gen running good with no load but no electric. i could not find a transfer switch, so i plugged shore cord into the female receptacle by the shore cord , started generator, it sounded like it had a load on it, had to readjust carburetor and gov slightly it ran for a few minutes, before i could check anything else, it shut down, i unplugged shore cord and tried to restart, but nothing happened , i think either the start switch is bad or selonoid. i bypassed selonoid with jumper wire , it want to crank, but the wire i was using wasn't heavy enough. i found starter switches on e'bay but i am not sure which selonoid to order.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

The part number for that solenoid is(###) ###-####