Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My 25hp 721v, carberator just tuned, new inline filter. It

Customer Question

My hustler 25hp 721v, carberator just tuned, new inline filter. It will run until it gets hot then will sputter and die. Let it cool down and will start but only a short time later will sputter and die.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Twin engine. So coils would not both be quitting. In the carburetr is an electric solenoid, it can kill engine if it does not stay retracted. It plugs the main jet in the carburetor and has to open with12 volts, as soon as the key is turned on and has to stay openas long as the key is on.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It may be getting hot and collapsing, then when key is cycled, it resets , but each time it starts will run shorter period of time. Best test is to remove it and run test with it out.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Alos , does your engine have low oil pressure. high temperature shutdown? If so, can be oil pressure or temperature switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will chk and get back to you
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK>

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back, did you find problem?