Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a model storm 10028. Auger control handle is locked

Customer Question

Good Morning, I have a model storm 10028. Auger control handle is locked in on position, cannot get it to release. I have tried adjusting tension control but control cable is still tight and handle will not release. ANY SUGGESTIONS! We have 18 inches of snow, no phones
HELP 85 year old young guy here! but getting tired
Thank You for you assistance
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Telephones have been out for 2 days, need to Blowsnow NOW. Thank YOu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, we are rural and do not get cell service, so you are our only hope, Thank you
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Try releasing the cable from the handle and making sure the handle is not stuck, if not then disconnect cable on other end to see if the problem is the cable, if not then you will need to check the assembly and linkage to see if there is something causing it to bind, hang or seize.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply however it was too late in getting here and I had to hire someone to dig me out of all our snow.
I find your method of getting my inquiry somewhat deceptive, in that I typed in the web sight for Troy Built and got your
company. You obviously don't work for Troy Built who would have gotten me an answer in minutes not hours. I would never
refer your company to anyone for service. I feel like I was cond. out of $18.
James Lasch