Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a briggs and stratton 18hp vangaurd engine. I am

Customer Question

i have a briggs and stratton 18hp vangaurd engine. I am getting excess fuel in the air cleaner housing. It is coming from a black vent hose near the carb
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The vent hose is from the crankcase. Check the oil level and check for fuel in the oil. Usually this is caused by fuel in the oil from a carburetor that leaked through the needle valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did fix a leaking carb gasket. ran engine for a 10 min still got white smoke and fuel coming from hose. will it stop eventually?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If there is fuel in the oil,you need to change the oil! The exhaust will stop smoking as soon as the exhaust gets hot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ill go check, Thanks Curtis
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK>

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find the problem? Please accept to close.