Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a snapper 1438 with peerless hydrostatic

Customer Question

I have a snapper 1438 with peerless hydrostatic transmission. The transmission is leaking oil on the right side from the axel area. Wher can I find a transmission or get this one rebuilt?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Do you have the Peerless model number from the side of the transmission housing? Have you tried any of your local small engine or lawn equipment repair shops?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

There should also be some other letters in front of the model number that you have provided. If you can provide these additional letters I may be able to assist you with additional information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is a snapper 381451hbxe. The peerless number is *****
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I am going to see what else I can find for you as far as replacement transmission and/or parts to repair your transmission. This may take me a little while to research but as soon as I have more information for you I will post it and let you know.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that I have found so far is a complete replacement transmission that is available. Here is a link to what I have found thus far.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/7041854/0071/130.html?pathTaken=partSearch&q=7041854