Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My new 110r shaft quit turning...?? It is one month old, The

Customer Question

my new 110r shaft quit turning...?? It is one month old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The engine starts fine throttle good... it just does not "engage" no movement with tiller or headgetrimmer or weedeater..... took off attachments and the square drive shaft does not turn when throttled up ???
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer if you have separated the atachment and the shaft isn't turning on the engine side , it could be the drive rounded , or the clutch itself could have stopped working . I think the best thing to do if you can is separate the engine from the upper part and start it and see if the clutch spins