Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

PP428S 28cc, eater, idle, no problem, throttle up, it will

Customer Question

PP428S 28cc, weed eater, idle, no problem, throttle up, it will stall every time
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The simple answer is when I go to power up to weed eat it will stall. I tried idle adjustment, doesn't change a thing. I put fresh fuel in, replaced the spark plug, and still no different.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tom. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Have you check the fuel filter inside your fuel tank? It could be partially clogged.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

There is also an inlet screen inside your carburetor. If you have never replaced it before, it is very likely clogged as well.