Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The brake wont release. the automatic release is not

Customer Question
The brake wont release...

The brake wont release. the automatic release is not working. ***** ***** Brown

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It is a Toro engine with a kawasaki motor. THE ELECTRIC BRAKE IS NOT REALEASING THE WHEELS .IT WILL START BUT NOT PULL.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 5 days by:
3/21/2016
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

I have seen this happen a number of times and it is usually caused by corroded or broken pins in the brake controller. I have even had to replace two wiring harnesses due to broken pins that could not be removed from the harness in order to repair the problem. The pins in the controller are very small and don't take much to eat or rust through them and then the brake controller no longer works. You can go down to the sides of the transmissions and remove the brake latch which will allow the machine to roll again but then you have no brakes.