Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Karcher 520M pressure washer. Just recently, it has…

Customer Question
I have a Karcher 520M...
I have a Karcher 520M pressure washer. Just recently, it has begun to make noise after a few minutes of running. What happens is, it appears as though the cooling fan on the bottom of the machine is rubbing against the case. This causes the pressure to drop off and the machine to cycle on and off. It sounds to me like there's too much end play in the motor shaft? Is there a bearing that's gone bad? Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2016
Technician: Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician replied 2 years ago
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer here is a diagram of your pressure washers motor , and part number 6 is the ball bearing but part 2 could be a issue as well

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/karcher-520m-diplus-10697000-pressure-washer-parts-c-33388_33389_33462.html

I just ordered the lower ball bearing and the insulation for my pressure washer. Hopefully, this will cure the problem?

If the ball bearing is worn or seizing then yes . Did you disassemble the pressure washer and check it prior to ordering it ?

If your hearing s noise it could be the old ball bearings , they do go bad and will squeal etc

No. I didn't take the machine apart yet. The noise simply sounds like the cooling fan is rubbing against the case. I attribute this noise to a bad bearing or (since you mentioned it) faulty insulation material. These parts are fairly inexpensive and totally worth a try.

I agree , once you remove the old bearing , see how smoothly it roles etc .