Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Removed deck on my LTX1040 cub cadet to replace blades and

Customer Question

Removed deck on my LTX1040 cub cadet to replace blades and there was a wire with a strong spring attached to the rear of the deck that was attached to the lever for engaging the power to the blades. Noticed that the spring was just about worn through from rubbing on a pulley about in the middle of the spring. Not sure just where the spring is supposed to attach to after I slipped it out of the metal catch on the deck. The only place I see that the spring was attached to was a guide pin for a belt pulley. I'm sure I will have to buy another spring assembly for the blade engagement arm but will have the same thing happen again. Can't seem to find any schematics showing the correct placement of the spring.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Conrad. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. The spring attaches to a small hole in the idler arm on your deck.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Please take a look at the image below.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Your deck is not identical to the one in the image, but the hook up procedure is the same.