Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Gen start but no 120 volts to run the converter no a/c,all…

Customer Question
gen start but no 120...
gen start but no 120 volts to run the converter no a/c,all 120 outlets no power.microwave.no volts at main 50amp breaker while gen running checked breaker at the 5500 gas unit both on throwen far left need help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 5 days by:
3/16/2016
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 2 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

On an HGJAB unit, if it is running, it is producing power.

First double check the breakers on the genset. Shut them off, and turn them back on.

Next, if you have an onboard receptacle that you need to plug into for genset power, make sure the shore cord is plugged in.

If this does not take care of it, your problem is most likely in the transfer switch,

Locate the transfer switch, and use the wiring diagram on the cover to determine which leads are the input from the genset, and which leads are the output to the coach.

With the genset running, test the input an output leads. If you have good voltage coming in from the genset, but no output to the coach, the transfer switch is bad.

If you do not have good voltage coming in from the genset, the problem will be in the junction box located near the genset. Open it up and check the wiring connections.

Was this what you wanted to know?