Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Craftsman Power Washer, 7.75 Hp, Quite Sense, which…

Customer Question
I have a Craftsman Power...
I have a Craftsman Power Washer, 7.75 Hp, Quite Sense, which is about a 2 yr old.. Its been sitting for under a year. Last time I used it, I ran it until the gas was out, and made sure there was no water in it. I followed the instructions regarding storage..
When I tired to use it today, hooked it up, turned the water on, because the instruction says to make sure the water is always on when its running, so I did. It started right away which was great but quickly turned off. After checking things out, when the water is on, I can barely turn the start cord, theres no water flowing out the out take line. Seems like there is a bit of pressure in the pump, and it's no allowing the water to flow through.
I also tried having a beer or two, and that didn't seem to help either. Or help or advise would be greatly appreciated..
Thank You..
Wooy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
3/10/2016
Technician: Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician replied 2 years ago
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer

If you have removable spray tips makr sure it's clear , also you can unhook the hose and gun and run water and see if it comes out the pump , if it does your blockage is on the hose or gun , if not your unloaded valve could be stuck

I know its not in the hose or the tips, checked them the first thing, so how do I unstick my unloaded valve. ?

Do you have the model number of your unit

Craftsman Model ####-##-####
Like I had mentioned, no water is running through the pump, and when I try to start it, there is a lot of pressure on the pull cord, without the water, no pressure on the cord and the engine starts right up..

Here is a breakdown of your pressure washer , scroll to the bottom of the page there's a break down of the pump , part d is the unloaded valve , it should unscrew out , and the tip of it should retract in when you push on it

http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.com/580752880

Thank you very much I will try that !!

Ok let me know how it goes

Did you ever get your pressure washer fixed ?

Hi just wondering how the pressure washer turned out ?

Any luck with the pressure washer ?