Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Brakes are locked up. changed brake and still locked up.

Customer Question
when you put in tow...
brakes are locked up. changed brake and still locked up. when you put in tow position and put in neutral brakes are still locked up. brake lights stay on all the time....what do u think!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
3/8/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

MAke and model? What is it?

Ezgo RXV cart? 48 volts with electric brake on drive motor?

48 volt ez-go with electrical motor 2012
RXV

Are batteries fully charged and read around 54 volts? Do you have at least 48 volts to the brake solenoid to release the brake?

Yes, voltage is 48 volts or More? Does brake do anything?

can play 36 holes before charging

You have voltmeter to check the voltage?

not now.... checked it this afternoon tho...
not at home

Brake is dependent on having full battery voltage, anything less and brake will not release and can apply while driving.

Did you check the brake solenoid before you replaced the brake?

did not change solenoid!!!!!!!!!!! But cart just went 36 holes last week and then I charged.... I know the batteries are good
cart should unlock brakes when u put into tow position and put key switch in nutruel

Yes, does the brake release? If not the solenoid to brake is not closing.

you have 6, 8 volt batteries, not 4, 12 volts?

Just link to various RXV brake issues!

4 - 12 volt
read some of the articles on that web sight and that really pertains to the first rvx that ez-go put out..... I know the rep for ez go and those issues have been corrected. I have a 2012 model

That is what they want to make you believe! I think you will find that you have low voltage or bad solenoid.

OK Curtis!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your help...

Thank you, ***** ***** to close.

?? I thought I saw a post where it turned out to be a bad battery.? But it is not showing now. ?? Question is shown open.