Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Name is ***** *****. I have a deere L110 riding lawn mower.

Customer Question
Name is ***** *****...

Name is ***** *****. I have a john deere L110 riding lawn mower. It will not start. It appears no fuel is getting to the cylinder.. It cranks well but never starts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Checked the fuel filter, it is correctly installed. took it off and no fuel flows from the fuel tank

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
3/7/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

If you remove the spark plug, and ground it, do you have spark when cranking? If you have spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will run for a few seconds.

Deere fuel tank has a suction tube in it, that goes in the top of the fuel tank. Check the tube and the fuel line all the way to the fuel pup for any damage or break. The line has to be vacuum tight for the fule ump to suck fuel from the tank. Tube can be accessed without removing the sheet metal.