Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a husqvarna K760 concrete saw. It will pull gas

Customer Question
through the carb with the...
I have a husqvarna K760 concrete saw. It will pull gas through the carb with the air purger, but wont start. It has strong spark at the plug. Any suggestions where to begin. Also could you give me a starting point for high and low needles on the carb? I have replaced all fuel lines.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
3/5/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

What is the compression? Needs to be above 120 psi. Try putting a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, and see if it will try to start. If compression is low, it will never start!

Next thing to check would be the timing key under the flywheel to crankshaft.

Air needles on both, 1 1/2 turns out for initial start.

Compression is good, it starts when gas is put in the spark plug hole.

Check the fuel hose routing, the primer pulls fule through carburetr and has to return it to the tank.

I have an appointment, will check back later! Sorry.