Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Grasshopper 225, What is the most simplest way to remove the

Customer Question

Grasshopper 225, What is the most simplest way to remove the engine to change the stator?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

charging stator, not starter? What engine do you have? Model number of the unit and the engine? 225 is a series over many years. Stator is under the flywheel, you have to remove engine to get to the flywheel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
stator. Kohler CH25. Unit model 225 Serial 502628. I am looking for the simplest method of removing the engine. The hydro mounting plate will have to be removed, but do you unhook hydraulic lines and pull the plate with hydros attached? or unbolt the hydros and let them hang on the lines ? Any other options?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Let me opt out, I don't have manual needed for this. Maybe one of the other guys has one. Sorry.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see no one has answered, so I was looking at the 225. The hydraulic motors are pulley driven, why can't the drive belt be removed, and the engine pulled forward to clear the pump mounting plate. I have not had one of these close enough to get a good look. But looks to me that hydraulics don't need to be disturbed.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my last reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be great but there is a frame cross member 1" from the front of the engine, and the out put shaft is 3" long. I feel the plate has to move, the cross member is welded in place.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

!! ok, had to ask.