Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a onan 7000 gas generator, the fault code is 36. Just…

Customer Question
I have a onan...

I have a onan 7000 gas generator, the fault code is 36. Just about 500hrs ado i put new heads on it. So i checked the rocker arm to be at .007. I also installed a new exhaust manifold. Changed the oil, new air filter. checked the fuel pump it is working. blew out the exhaust muffler. ordered a new carburetor(have had a lot of problems with the floats filling with fuel) I don't know if I can open the bowl or if it will void the warranty. So beyond the carburetor being the issue, what else should I look for? Check? 7000hrs on generator

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The Generator will start and run rough when i hold the butterfly open.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
2/28/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

I don't have any Onan information when it comes to the codes and the generator. I will opt out so someone else can help. Sorry.

Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 2 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

What exactly is or isn't the genset doing? You asked what to check, but I need to know what is happening to know what to check.