Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Honda 11.0 hp PRESSURE WASHER. CAN'T GET ANY SPARK…

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda 11.0 hp PRESSURE WASHER. CAN'T GET ANY SPARK OUT OF IT, IT WORKED FINE, next day I was tightening some bolts on the under side, I laid the unit on it's side got OIL in cylinder, drained as best as I could, now it wont start, seems like I don't get any spark out of it, what now coach ???

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?

No. I did replace the spark plug, still no start....

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
2/28/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Remove the spark plug and with spark plug grounded to the metal of the engine pull rope and look for spark. If no spark , Honda likes to use an oil level sensor or oi pressure switch, be sure oil level is correct and switch is attached.

The unit is at my son in laws house, I'll send him you answer, he keeps telling me that the magneto is bad, he thinks....
He still claims that magneto is probably bad, but I never had any trouble before, now he said that when he took the oil fill cap out, oil came pouring out the engine, TOLD him to drain some oil out of it and try again

Have him remove the kill wire from the magneto, then check for spark. If it has spark, the kill circuit is kiling spark. If not spark with kill wire removed ,the magneto would be bad.

If oil is suddenly over full , check for fuel in the gas! Carburetor float may be stuck! If gas in oil, carb needs to be fixed, and oil changed!

No, let me go over his house myself and try it, I'll be in touch if it still don't work... Tks

OK>

Did you find the problem? Please rate and accept to close.