Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My rigid genorator wont start with the key, we put a new,

Customer Question
My rigid genorator wont...

My rigid genorator wont start with the key

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

We put a new, charged battery and unit will not start with key

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?

Idk

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
2/28/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

You say it won't start ? Does the starter turn the engine? Do you hear the starter solenoid click when switch is turned to start? Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage at the starter solenoid? Positive battery cable should go direct to the starter solenoid/relay.

Did you see my response?