Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My compression was 139-151 on all cylinders. we removed the…

Customer Question
my compression was 139-151 on...
my compression was 139-151 on all cylinders. we removed the timing belt cover and everything seems fine, now what
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/27/2016
Technician: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Current miles on the vehicle?
  2. What led you to do these inspections?
105000. It stalled while driving home the other day.Replaced fuel pump, cap rotor, wires plugs coil. Now timing belt ohm tested injectors all around 13 ohms

Have you verified your getting good fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse. I know you replaced or checked these parts but are they actually working?

We have spark and fuel but not positive on exact amount of fuel pressure yet
And how do you check pulse

Fuel pressure needs to be 31psi or more

To check injector pulse you unplug an injector. Plug up a noid light in its place. Crank the engine, the light should flash rapid of the injector is getting constant power and a pulsing ground.

The compression is barely within specs but should be enough to run.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris