Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

Here, my 2015 ezgo gas Kawasaki keeps stalling as I am

Customer Question
Hi, JA: Thanks. Can you give...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Roger here, my 2015 ezgo gas Kawasaki keeps stalling as I am driving, changed the fuel pump and still doing it, clear fuel filter seems to not have a lot of fuel in it while riding
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Will engine start right back up? Or does it take a while?

Is this the twin cylinder engine? Do you have the full model number of the engine? Has to loose spark or fule. With twin engine, oil pressure switch , if it has one , can kill engine. Fuel filter never will show full, just the way they are. But need to be sure that the fuel line from tank to filter is open and has no vacuum leaks. You can test by taking test line from the fuel pump inlet, back into the fuel tank filler, to see if there is suction leak.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Curtis, thanks for replying, no it does not start back up, it tries if I pull choke but then kills, one time I hit the fuel pump with my fist and it took off, that's reason I changed it. It's a 2014 6 person with 13 hp Kawasaki, may be a 13.5 not sure couldn't find my paperwork

Single cylinder engine I think. It may have a bad coil. Check for spark with a spare spark plug when it dies. Remove spark plug wire, attach the spare plug, and with the plug grounded, see if you have spark when cranking. If no spark, replace the coil.

Did you find problem? Please accept to close.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, spark is fine, it is definitely fuel related, checked all hoses going to and from fuel pump, everything seems to be ok

Could fuel supply from tank be plugging? Or the suction tube in tank leaking? Make a test line from the fuel pump inlet, and drop it into the tank filler opening and run test.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician